Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Picnics soothe the savage beast




Today Ferris and I enjoyed our first picnic of the season….his first picnic, period.
It has been one of those days. I’ve had lots of work to do, he’s had lots of whining to do. As I was finishing up a wholesale order this morning Ferris was whining and whining and whining. In my head I am chanting “please be quiet, please be quiet, please be quiet…” to the same tempo…Okay, to be honest there might have been a mental “shut up” in there too.
Neither of us were having a great morning. Order complete, I decided to take the monkey to the park to have a picnic. I mean, isn’t that what being your own boss is all about?
I thought maybe the nice weather and change of scenery might calm him down, plus I’d get to test out new things, like grass, sand and cold water on the boy. So I dressed him up in his spiffy Brewers outfit and we headed up the hill to the park.
Normally, a person would get beat up around here for showing their allegiance to any team but the red sox….but I figured no one was going to mess with a baby…especially not one as tough and crazy as this kid. They'd totally get their asses whipped!

Anyways, the picnic was a success.

Eating outdoors? Success!
Bare feet on grass? Thrilling!
Bare feet on sand? Not so great.
Bare feet splashing in cold lake water? Fantastic!

Here’s a few pic.s of the occasion… (I’m starting to realize that I’m more like my mother than I thought. A picture of Ferris and me taken by me… It’s the only way I’ll ever have any pictures of us together. Just like it was in my family as a kid, the mommy(me) is the picture taker. Daddy, not so much.)

3 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

 
At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home